Happy Mood Board on Polyvore
Here are a few tips from Helpguide.org:
* Aim for 8 hours of sleep per night. Turn off the television, put down the computer, close the book.
* Get sunlight every day. Aim for at least 15 minutes.
* Exercise. Your mood can lighten whether you get an hour-long workout or a walk around the block.
* Keep stress in check. Figure out what your stressors are. They can include work overload, poor relationships, long "to do" lists, health problems, etc. Then create a plan to minimize or avoid them altogether.
* Practice relaxation techniques. In my own case, I try to start the day with some quiet prayer and meditation, reading a page from the daily devotional "Jesus Calling" and doing some yoga. Some mornings, I don't have time for any of these things. Those are the days when I can feel a negative change in my mood.
* Care for a pet. In addition to strong relationships with friends and family, the love from a pet can instantly boost my mood. Our Jack Russell, Lizzie, and Yorkie, Ella, always put me in a good mood.
Another great idea is to develop a "wellness toolbox"! Possible mood boosters include:
* Spend time in nature
* Read a good book
* Watch a funny television show or movie
* Soak in a long, warm bath
* Start your day with a short "to do" list
* Talk to friends or family "face to face"
* Listen to music