Monday, August 18, 2014

Neutral Home Design

As my children have gotten older, I've started thinking about decorating in neutral colors - even white! Here are a few of my favorite styles for inspiration.

Ballard Designs

Ballard Designs

Wayne Windham, Architect


The Enchanted Home

Many of these neutral looks can easily be added with duck cloth slipcovers. Acquiring neutral covers can be done through a seamstress, bought online or handmade (which is way beyond my sewing skills!) While my girls' muddy hands and sticky fingers are part of the past, I'll still have a problem keeping my Jack Russell and Yorkie off the bed!

I really love decorating, but I need to remember the many blessings I already have. Living in a well-decorated home makes me happy, but living with Christ needs to be my ultimate goal.




No comments: