Brown Sugar Cinnamon Pumpkin Bread
- 15 oz Libby's Pure Pumpkin Filling
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup White Sugar
- 1/2 cup Light or Dark Brown Sugar
- 5 Large Egg Whites
- 1/4 cup Canola Oil
- 1 1/2 tsps Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- Crisco to grease (Note: you can use Spray Pam)
- In a large bowl, sift together the dry ingredients (flour, white sugar, baking soda, salt). In another bowl, combine the wet ingredients (pumpkin, egg whites, oil, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon), mixing thoroughly until smooth. (Note: make sure brown sugar is loose before combining with wet ingredients - it will be easier to combine and will avoid leaving clumps.) When ready, add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir thoroughly, utilizing an electric mixer if necessary to create a thick, smooth mixture.
- Pour pumpkin mix into well-greased loaf pan (mine was 9X5) and bake in oven middle rack at 350F for 60 - 70 minutes until cooked through.
- When finished, set aside and allow to cool.
- When bread has cooled, carefully remove from loaf pan and place on wire rack. Immediately plate and serve. (Without the frosting, nutrition facts are -- Calories: 257 Fat: 8g, Carbs 40g Protein 6g)
You can find the complete recipe, including the frosting, at: